CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Luke---the BIG 4 year old!

Yep, there's another man around the house. In fact, right now, he's in the garage helping Dad build a computer desk. I always envisioned our kids working with and learning from Jesse so it's very very fun for me to see how our kids idolize their Dad. Luke is always saying stuff like, "When I'm a man, I'm going to have whiskers just like Dad." (good luck with that one, Luke...I mean have you seen that kid's hair color? he'll be lucky if he can grow peach fuzz.) and stuff like, "When I'm a man, I'm going to be one of Dad's work friends."

The night of Luke's big party (so big that we invited my parents and the girl that lives across the street.....and that's all) we had quite a bit of DRAMA! My parents just happened to be visiting us from Butte for the big day and as we were finishing up with the pinata we got a call from our bishop saying one of our really good friends in the ward was in the hospital and we needed to go right away. I was so GRATEFUL that my parents were there. I felt so comfortable leaving the kids and rushing out the door knowing that they would have an awesome birthday party and eat plenty of sugar. (what are grandmas for?)

So, we missed Luke's party but my Mom is soooo great and took some sweet pics...thanks for everything Mom. I love you more than you can every know!








2 comments:

Polson Family said...

I can't believe Luke is 4. Your parents are wonderful and always so nice to have family visit. I love keeping updated on your family from your blog.

The Davis Family said...

Happy birthday Luke! Hopefully whoever was in the hospital is doing better (Did we know them or are you in a different ward now?)