CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mia's First Day


Well, my baby girl's not a baby anymore. I registered her for school with intentions of putting her in kindergarten (she would have been the oldest in her class but I thought she would benefit from the social aspect of "K"). Anyway, I met with one of the K teachers and she reviewed the End of the Year Assesment and Mia was well above that level. So I registered her for first grade and she is LOVING it. I feel silly for keeping her home last year. I think it was selfish of me...not wanting to let her go and being sad not to have that time with her. She comes home and tells me how much she loves school. Her teacher is really sweet and I can tell it's going to be great. I'm tearing up just typing this!!

4 comments:

Sowells said...

She looks so cute!!! Why is it so sad when they go to school! Be cool stay in school Mia!

Octavia and Malaki said...

haha des your so weird! ok i know. malaki is basicaly a little man. everyone is sayin so he is in kindergarden..uhhhh nope he actually is still 3. but i'm glad he still has 2 years left he will be way old. but thats ok. she is so cute i'm glad she loves it!!

Melissa said...

Deseree', you are a nerd...(be cool stay in school) you made me chuckle! Ok, so Brooke, you are so stinking cute and your family is so stinking cute. Congrats on the new baby! Wish I could come and squeeze him! Yeah, I can't believe your Mia is in first grade, I don't know what I'll do when Brooklyn goes to school next year, I don't know if I'll be able to let go either!

Ashley and Ezra said...

She is so cute! of course she tested right out of K... she's way to smart for the likes of those kids!