CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Micah Jarvis Lee







He's finally here...ok he was here 3 weeks ago but give me a break will ya??

Here's the story because, let's face it, we all love labor & delivery stories. Skip ahead to the next paragraph if you don't. My water started leaking at 12am on the 11th and I went to the hospital at 5 or 6am for a non-stress test. I wasn't having strong or regular contractions, I was just leaking (felt like peeing a little) so she sent me home and asked that I come in later that afternoon and maybe she could break my water to get things going. I went in at 3pm and she said the babies head was too high so she recommended I get labor going with Petosin because apparantley the risk of infection is greater 18 hours or more after your water breaks. I got started on Petosin at 6pm and finally started feeling good contractions. I had the nurse check me at 12am on the 12th because I thought I was in pretty good labor...nope, I was at a 2. GGGRRRRR. That's when I asked for an Epidural---HEAVEN! Both Jesse and I slept till 6ish in the am and I was ready to push. ONE push and he practically fell out! I guess I'm a little stretched down there?? Who knew? 7lbs 13oz and 20 1/2" long and hungry as can be. My milk came in the next morning because he was eating NON STOP! Talk about soreness.

So there it is. Micah's been such a good eater and sleeper (and pooper). He is an AMAZING baby and we feel so blessed to have 4 healthy, beautiful kids. Being a mother is very stressful at times but I can't help but feel so grateful for the priviledge of raising a family with Jesse. It's SOOOO worth it!!

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

CONGRATS! What a beautiful baby....I am so happy for you.

And I love the name Micah. Brandon had a bad experience with a Micah though, and won't let me use it... :( But I am glad you got to. It's such a great name!

Ken and Lauretta said...

We are so excited for you! I am so glad that you were able to go to the wedding before he made his appearance. Gramma told me that she got to meet him and said that he is beautiful!
If you think being a mom is great, just wait until you are a grandma! It is so much better!!!

Rozannah said...

He is sooo handsome!!! I am really happy for you guys. I love little Micah....Chris really loves Jarvis. I can't wait to meet him in real life. YOU guys have beautiful babies!

Love you tons!!
Zannah

Sowells said...

Oh I Love baby Boys!!!! He is darling! We can't wait to meet "MJ". You'd better get use to that nickname - thats what Jesse told me he wants us to call him, After his favorite bball player. Ok really thats just what we have been calling him!

Octavia and Malaki said...

soooo cute!!!!! i love him!! tell him that if aunt tavi has enough money i'll be up to see him hahaha..that's kinda sick but its the truth..he is darling!!! lovvvee himm

Amy Moody said...

I am so happy for your family. Glad to hear it was a quick delivery and that you didn't have to push forever.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Okay you convinced me to start having my own babies... labor is a cinch right? haha! But on a serious note... He's adorable! I cant wait to see him in real life! We will be there for the blessing!!! Cant wait!

Melissa said...

Beautiful baby boy! You guys make some dang cute babies!!! Good work!

And Deseree' when you put MJ, I totally thought you meant Michael Jackson....made me giggle when there was another meaning to MJ, ha!